With adbrix, you can track the performance of the app campaigns by Google Ads, and take in-app post-back information for the campaign event optimization.
Generally, campaign tracking is a process of matching the user’s click, impression and other interaction data and application open data measured with adbrix SDK. However, adbrix and Google Ads are integrated directly ‘Server-to-server’ with ‘Link ID’, which makes it unnecessary to collect additional data. When Google Ads sends their data regarding the campaign performance, adbrix will calculate and clarify whether the data is valid, based on the ‘Attribution Modeling’ you have set in adbrix.
In this article, you will learn how to form the campaign settings for the Google Ads.
Overview of Attribution Setting on Google Ads
- Get Link ID and register it on the adbrix console to connect adbrix and Google Ads.
(Once the Link ID is registered, adbrix sends the event data to Google Ads in real time.)
- Google Ads responses to the ‘First Open’ events which it identifies as their credit amongst other events.
- Then, adbrix compares and contrasts Google’s response with those of adbrix to cross-check the attribution.
- If the result of the cross-check matches the Google’s response, adbrix reports the result on the console.
- Check the link to learn on the attribution methods and look-back window.
Steps for Google Ads Campaign Setting
- Create Google Ads Link ID
- Activate the Google Ads in adbrix. (Register Link ID)
- Proceed the post-back settings in adbrix
- Load ‘conversion’ actions from Google Ads
Following are the walkthrough for you to set the Google Ads campaign for adbrix.
Register Link ID
You need to receive the Link ID of the application which adbrix and Google ads share.
1. Click the TOOLS icon in the upper right corner of your account.
2. Under SETUP, click Linked Accounts.
3. Under Third-party app analytics, click Details.
4. Click the button to link a new provider or app.
5. Select Other provider, then enter  that identifies adbrix.
6. Select your mobile app’s platform.
7. Use the Look up your app field to find your app.
8. Click Create Link ID.
9. Click the copy button to copy your Link ID. Paste this Link ID into your third-party account.
10. Click Done.
[[인용:정보:작게]] Regarding ‘Link ID’
- You need to generate the Link ID for each platform(Andrioid, iOS)
- Though you can create multiple Link IDs for one app, you can only register one Link ID for adbrix.
- You can share the Link ID with the other Google Ads accounts.
- For the case in which there are multiple ad partners you are cooperating with, we recommend to create the Link ID yourself, and share it with the partners. Refer to this link on this issue.
Google Ads Activation
1. On adbrix console, visit Attribution > AD Tracking, and select Google Ads.
2. Type in Link IDs for each platform, and click Enable.
3. If you need to edit the Link ID, edit the field and click Update.
Decide which events to send back to Google Ads for performance tracking and event optimization.
1. Activate the State of the event you wish to send post-back.
2. The post-back events you can send to Google Ads are connected with the pre-defined events of adbrix.
3. Check on the toggle to on/off sending the post-back.
If you can send the ‘Event Data’ in accordance with the ‘App Event Type’ provided by Google, you can run various UAC campaigns for event optimization. We recommend you to integrate the ‘Pre-defined Event API’ provided by adbrix to run the UAC campaigns.
|adbrix event name||Google Ads event type|
*if adbrix app category is ‘commerce’
Loading Conversion from Google Ads
If the setting for the tracking is completed without error, we can check the conversions which adbrix sent to Google Ads.
1. Click the TOOLS icon in the upper right corner of your account.
2. Under the section labeled “Measurement,” click Conversions.
3. Click the button .
4. Select App from the list of conversion types.
5. Select Third-party app analytics, and click Continue.
[[인용:안내:작게]] The conversion might not report real time, so please check them within 20 minutes to 3 hours. If the conversion does not show after the delay, please double check the campaign settings.
6. Check the box next to each event you’d like to import, and click Import and continue.
7. Click Done.
[[인용:안내:작게]] - Conversion names are set as [App Name][(OS)][Event_type]
- The [Event_type] ‘first_open’ means the number of the app opens, and this event_type is a must-load conversion action.
8. You’ll now see your third-party conversion event in the "Conversion actions" table. Click on the name of the event to see more details.
9. Optionally you can edit the conversion settings such as default value or conversion window individually for each conversion action you imported.
[[인용:안내:작게]] For the cases in which both of the installs from Android(Google Play) and the first_open(Third Party) of adbrix are included in the conversion, the install counts can be duplicated. We recommend you to set just one action out of those two.
Universal App Campaign(UAC) Setting
Setting Look-back Window
- You can set the Look-back Window and decide the time period which you would like to give credit to the media for the performance.
- Visit Attributions > Attribution Modeling, and adjust the Look-back Window of Google UAC unit.
- Default Look-back Window of UAC is 30 days. (1 hour ~ 30 days)
Look-back Window of Attribution Modeling does not affect the conversion report of Google Ads.
After completing all the settings and running campaigns, you can check the campaign performance of Google Ads from adbrix.
Group-by Data are as follows:
|adbrix Group by||Value||Definition||UAC||Search||DA||Video|
|tracking link name||campaign_id||Campaign identifier||o||o||o||o|
|ad partner||partner id||Google Ads Partner id||o||o||o||o|
|campaign (m)||campaign_name||Campaign Name||o||o||o||o|
|ad group (m)||ad_group_id||Ad group id||x||o||o||o|
|ad (m)||ad_type||Ad Type||x||o||o||o|
|placement||placement||Placement linked to campaign||x||x||o||x|
|utm_source||location||location ID codes (Details for Guide)||o||o||o||o|
|creative (m)||creative_id||Creative ID||x||o||o||o|
Frequently Asked Questions
1) I am not sure if the setting is completed without any problem.
Before you run the Google Ads, it is good to check:
- Whether you have created Link ID for each of the application and the OS of it.
- Whether you have registered the Package Name and App Store ID at Attributions > AD Landing Settings.
- (For iOS) Whether you have completed the setting IDFA while integrating adbrix.
2) I cannot see conversions.
All the values deliverd to Google Ads can be check in the ‘Conversion Report’ or ‘Conversion Status’ in the ‘Conversion’ menu.
The conversion value was never delivered to Google Ads. The conversion from the ‘Third Party App Analytics’(including adbrix) leaves more than one conversion on Google Ads, so the value does not appear on the report.
* No recent conversions
The conversion was validated, but it has not converted within 7 days from the impressed date. If you have not started campaign yet, or completed campaign for more than 7 days, this is normal value you will get.
The conversion is recorded as ad campaign within 7 days of impression.
3) Discrepancy between adbrix and Google Ads
Generally the discrepancies between the ‘New Install’ of adbrix and ‘Conversion’ of Google Ads because of following reasons.
Running other campaigns?
From the point when the Link ID is registered, adbrix sends all the ‘New Install’ data to Google Ads via server. Then, Google Ads identifies which data to claim credit and sends back marked as ‘claimed’ data. With those data, adbrix matches and identifies the data for final report. If you are running other campaigns with adbrix, we proceed the comparison between the other campaigns’ user acquisition time stamps to count the ‘New Install’, even if Google Ads has already identified as ‘conversion’.
“Install(by Channel)” of adbrix is the conversion counts from Google Ads and “New Install” of adbrix is the application open counts based on comparison amongst the other campaigns. This is why there can be duplicate performance counts on the report.
1. Difference between the definition of the data
The ‘conversion’ counts from Google Ads may contain the ‘re-install’ counts. The ‘re-install’ users are reported on a separate report in adbrix.
2. Different standard for the Install counts
While Google Ads records the conversion when there was a ‘click’, adbrix records the ‘New Install’ when the app is opened. If the date for ‘click’ and ‘New Install’ is different, the date for counting conversion/new install will be different, which will lead to possible discrepancy amongst the dates.
- Click Time : January 1st, 12:00 PM
- App Install and Open : January 2nd 12:00 PM
- Conversion record on Google Ads : January 1st
- Conversion record on adbrix : January 2nd
Please refer to by Discrepancies in App Install Attribution Google Ads.